This is a song i wrote a few weeks ago :)
Dreams
I always say not to skip ahead
So I thought Id stay in the past I like it here instead
Where theres only love and laughter no war but peace
Where the guns are full of water
And everything is easy
And we believed in shooting stars
We believed this world was ours
I believed Id always be with you
and you believed dreams came true
Dreams came true
[change key]
I always say not to skip ahead
So I thought Id stay in the past I like it here instead
Where theres only love and laughter
When we'd fight, but be friends soon after
And everything was easy.
Where we believed we'd ride past these handle bars
We believed we'd get out of this town and make it so damn far
We believed everything was fine
But that was back when you believed in such a thing as 'once upon a time'
But then you took and you took and tried to tear me apart
You took and you took,
and you thought that you could break my heart
You took and you took ,
and you took some more
you took and you took and you asked me what i even dreamed for.
And I said that's the difference between you and me
Cause i still believe in fantasies
And i never grew out of a thing called dreaming.
Cause i believe in shooting stars.
And i believe I'm gonna get out of this town and make it so damn far.
I believe that without you ill be just fine.
I believe this is the start of my very own beginning and Ill start it out with
Once upon a time.
Because..I believe. In. Dreams.
:)
someone in your life will tell you, you cant do something even someone you love with all you re heart. I guess i just never grew out of dreaming? :] so their not going to stop me.
i love this. i really do :) i write too, never called myself a writer tho, just did it on the side. we should do poetry together on venue ! Love you ceecee Xoxo
ReplyDelete